Southern Tier Kayak Tours
Boat Access Info
There are only six places where you will gain boat access to the best holes. From east to west, following the river downstream:
- A new boat launch at Exit 66 off Rt. 17. It is a hard surface ramp with plenty of parking.
- Off Rt. 434 in Apalachin on Marshland Road. Hard surface ramp.
- Hickories Park in the town of Owego off Rt. 17C is the crown jewel of ramps and facilities on the river. It is a 100 acre municipal campground with picnic areas, comfort stations and recreational facilities. Entry to the park is free, but campers are charged a nominal fee. Camping is on a first-come, first served basis, and you are limited to not more than 30 days.
- Nichols East is a half mile east of the village on East River Drive. It is a hard surface ramp.
- Nichols West is 3.5 miles out of the village on West River Drive and is limited to craft that can be carried to the water and hand launched.
- Barton boat launch is hand-launch area and the last take-out or put-in before the Pennsylvania border.
Canoe/Kayak Access Sites
Owego Riverwalk, Front Street, Owego. Along the Susquehanna River behind Front Street shops, runs a Riverwalk with an area where you can anchor your canoe or kayak to head into downtown Owego. East of the Court Street Bridge.
Canoe/Kayak Access Sites
Northeast side of Talcott Street bridge in the village of Owego. Access to the Owego Creek.
Ahwaga Canoe & Kayak Club
2890 Hullsville Road, Owego, NY 13827 607-687-2989
The ACC is a group of recreational paddlers in the southern tier of New York and northern Pennsylvania. The club makes good use of the incredible rivers, lakes and streams in our area as well as some located afar. Many paddle trips on the various rivers of the region including the Susquehanna, Chenango, Tioughnioga, Unadilla and Delaware Rivers.
Climb aboard The Susquehanna Shuttle
Apalachin, NY 13732 607-625-2221
Call for reservations and details. River and river island group tours available May through September. Two hour adventure; learn the history of the Susquehanna River, explore the wonders of wildlife or hike to Hiawatha Island. Group tours, birthday parties, business and family events.
6532 Route 17C - Endicott, NY 13760 607-757-0425
Largest marine facility in upstate NY and northern PA. Award winning sales and service department. Bayliner, Cheparral, Land, Crestliner, Bentley Pontoon Boats, Skeeter Bass Boats, Marine accessories, storage. Open year round. 9 - 6 PM weekdays. Thurs. 9 - 8 PM, Sat. 9 - 2 PM. Closed Sundays.
Hiawatha Island Boat Club
We bring the sport of rowing to the Southern Tier! We have great resources available that can support all levels of rowing, from beginners to expert, both sweeps and sculling. Members of our club provide coaching and general instruction. We have year round activity. Please log on to our website for details. Come row with us in River Country!
"Boats Galore." New and used. Fishing boats, family, ski, speed, cruisers, pontoon, paddle boats and canoes. Mercury, Yamaha, Force, Chrysler, Nisson, Suzuki Outboards. Polaris, Yamaha, ATV's-snowmobiles, Mid-west ATV's. Established in 1957, Nationally famous sales and service, parts and accessories, supplies. Open 9 am-6 pm. Saturday, 9 am-3 pm.
Route 96 Power & Paddle
1035 Owego Road, Candor, NY 13743
607-659-POWER (7693) /866-70-KAYAK (52925)
Stocks hundreds of kayaks and canoes including pedal and sailing kayaks. Free on water demos are encouraged. In the winter patrons are welcome to try cross country skis and snowshoes for free. KAYAK RENTALS! Cruise the creeks of Tioga County and the Susquehanna River. We rent kayak, canoe and stand-up paddle board packages. Life jackets and paddles included. Kayak and Stand-up paddle board beginner classes available. Hours of Operation: 8-5 weekdays Thurs. 8-8 Sat. 8-3.